Wednesday, June 6, 2007

2nd last day st p

after a big dinner of bread, cold mackeral (in oil, peppercorn and dill and in cream and horseradish), cream cheese, caviar-from-a-tube, and of course, dumplings eggs crabsticks and vegetable broth stolen from an open packet in the kitchen, we are all stuffed. andrew says this is the 1st time he's so stuffed. you can thus extrapolate how full I am.

continuing from last night, we woke at 1, rushed to the hermitage and met elena. she brought us to a cafe ( cafe zoom) where I immediately settled onto a blue sofa enshrouded by a gently curving ceiling that bounced diffused evening light around the place, as downtempo ambient music drizzled upon us. with an espresso set before me, I gradually felt myself unwinding, as if plastic wrap was radiating from my limbs and settling to the floor.

today was a good day. a good dinner that cost us the same as eating out and a much needed rest at the cafe after all the rushing about has been extremely helpful. next stop, veliky novgorod.

-l

No comments: