Wednesday, June 6, 2007

customs

as of now, i'm writing this while waiting for the latvian customs to clear us 3 yellow men. there seems to be a problem with the passport and not the immigration form. k is quiet, a seems to be worrying and I am just damn hungry. so i'm eating sesame bread with caviar from a tube (all bought from the supermarket). this is working fine until I get a little tired of the briny taste of the eggs of a swimming creature.

just in time, the driver hands me my passport, but not without saying my name as lukey pangeh kwok fehng (luke pang kwok feng). my exit from riga into russia seems to be delaying, as the drivers are considerately (i hope!) killing time before entering the border. this is due to our russian visa being only valid from the 1/6 and not the 31/5.

oops we just moved off. it seems we need to kill another 37 mins along a road no longer than a 100 metres before we can enter russia on the 1/6. if not, we have to hop off and hopfully thumb a ride with one of those truck drivers into russia.

-l

No comments: